11 confidence quotes. The one from Prince will really make you think!
I’ve done quite a lot of spouting my thoughts and telling my story over the last few blogs, so this time I thought I would hand over to some more worthy characters from the past and present and share some great quotes about confidence. Some of them are serious, some inspiring, one or two are just witty and help us not to take ourselves too seriously.
- “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
“Because of the self-confidence with which he had spoken, no one could tell whether what he said was very clever or very stupid.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “If you find yourself saying ‘I can’t do something,’ but you know it in your heart of hearts that if you do it, you’re going to grow, you’re going to be a better person, it’s going to contribute to your family or to your kids or to something that matters, and you keep saying ‘I can’t do it,’ there is no question — you must do it. You don’t discuss it anymore. You just take immediate action… You do what’s necessary.” – Tony Robbins
- “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” – Mark Twain
- “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey, Jr.
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
- “I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “I don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is usually a reflection of who they are” – Prince
- “I’m just an individual who doesn’t feel that I need to have somebody qualify my work in any particular way. I’m working for me.” – David Bowie
- “Go out and face the world secure in the knowledge that everybody else thinks they are better looking than they are as well.” – Terry Wogan
- “There are enough people in the world who are going to write you off. You don’t need to do that to yourself.” – Susan Boyle